Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how the Lord God has positively influenced my overeating, this doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verse. Debbie

COE Support Note:

If you REALLY want to read how Christ helped me throughout this weight loss and even when I was tempted, you should read some of the 100's of previous posts on https://christianovereaterssupport.blogspot.com/

Half Will Do

Exodus 16:18 And when they did mete it with an omer, he that gathered much [manna] had nothing over, and he that gathered little had no lack; they gathered every man according to his eating. 

I hate to waste things. I used to belong to a group that would say it's better to waste things than for it to end up on your waist. I usually take the left over Scalloped Corn and make it into Corn Chowder. I use half the amount of butter/margarine when I make the Scalloped Corn, so it's healthier, but that's not the half I'm writing about. I don't use any further butter/oils when I make the Corn Chowder, because I use Oat Flour as a thickener. It's amazing, it thickens well and I don't need the added oils. 

When I finished making the Corn Chowder, it made two big bowls. I had hoped ahead that it would, so you would think I'd be pleased. I've been trying to be much more aware of how my being sloppy in my eating has a negative effect on my body and mood, but that sloppiness seems to carry over to sloppiness in my relationship with Jesus.

Trying to remember that I've been praying for Christ to heal my food, body, and eating, I couldn't ignore the impact that two big bowls of Corn Chowder would have on my body. If I were totally being honest with myself, one cereal sized bowl would have been enough. What I did was to take the second bowl and put it in the refrigerator for the following day's lunch. Half now and half later will do. Exodus 16:18 And when they did mete it with an omer, he that gathered much [manna] had nothing over, and he that gathered little had no lack; they gathered every man according to his eating. [That's what I need to do. Eat only what I need that day!]

Links to Other Blogs I Felt Led to Create Below: