Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how the Lord God has positively influenced my overeating, this doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verse. Debbie

COE Support Note:

If you REALLY want to read how Christ helped me throughout this weight loss and even when I was tempted, you should read some of the 100's of previous posts on https://christianovereaterssupport.blogspot.com/

An Overweight Twist on this Bible Verse

 Let him that stole steal no more: but rather let him labour, working with his hands the thing which is good, that he may have to give to him that needeth. Ephesians 4:28

 I know this isn't the actual meaning of this Bible verse, but I have an overweight twist on this Bible verse. Having been a compulsive overeater for so many years, I have been very blessed when Christ allowed me to lose 80 pounds and keep the vast majority of it off for 30+ years. Unfortunately, I had gotten sloppy with my food program and my relationship with Christ and have gained back 13 pounds plus the 10 I have been toying with over the years.

Well, my take would be: Let him that compulsively overate, overeat no more: but rather let him labor, working with his hands the thing which is good, that he may have to give to him that needeth. (Instead of spending my time obsessing over food and eating, I need to spend my time doing what Christ wants me to do for others on His behalf.)

It is my prayer that this and the other Christian blogs Christ has led me to create do some of that, but is that enough? I need to be a better example of how He works in my life. I need to not turn to food for comfort in stressful situations (a false god for me) and turn to my Lord and His will when I am feeling stressed, alone, and afraid...or hungry when I shouldn't be.  Let him that stole steal no more: but rather let him labour, working with his hands the thing which is good, that he may have to give to him that needeth. Ephesians 4:28

Links to Other Blogs I Felt Led to Create Below: