Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how the Lord God has positively influenced my overeating, this doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verse. Debbie

COE Support Note:

If you REALLY want to read how Christ helped me throughout this weight loss and even when I was tempted, you should read some of the 100's of previous posts on https://christianovereaterssupport.blogspot.com/

I'm Going to Make a Plan B-

 I will both lay me down in peace, and sleep: for Thou, Lord, only makest me dwell in safety. Psalms 4:9

There have been times when I'm worried about something totally out of my control. I eat myself silly as I try to figure out all the possible scenarios. If I do this, then that will happen. If I do that, then this will happen.

I'm not really sure why I go through all of this, because no matter what I do, there really isn't much I can do about it to start with. If I were truly turning to God like I should, He would show me that, or maybe He does, but I'm not listening. Maybe, I'm still trying to control the situation.

It isn't worth the extra weight and sleepless nights I spend worrying about things. Many years ago, the thought was in my mind that any time that I'm worrying, I'm not trusting God to take care of me. It's like I'm saying to God, "Sure, God, I want you to resolve these issues, but just in case You don't pull through for me, I'm going to make a Plan B."

When I truly turn these issues over to God, I don't feel compelled to eat huge portions of food that don't cure the anxiety in my stomach. Additionally, I have peaceful nights where I sleep unburdened by my concerns, because I'm trusting God to take care of things, so I no longer need to come up with a Plan B.   I will both lay me down in peace, and sleep: for Thou, Lord, only makest me dwell in safety. Psalms 4:9


Since this is an example of the positive influence God has made on my overeating, this may not reflect the whole meaning of the Bible verse.

These Are Other Blogs I Felt Led to Write:


Links to Other Blogs I Felt Led to Create Below: