Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how the Lord God has positively influenced my overeating, this doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verse. Debbie

COE Support Note:

If you REALLY want to read how Christ helped me throughout this weight loss and even when I was tempted, you should read some of the 100's of previous posts on https://christianovereaterssupport.blogspot.com/

Clean Out My Desk Now-I Was Let Go-

The Lord is my rock, and my fortress, and my deliverer; my God, my strength, in whom I will trust; my buckler, and the horn of my salvation, and my high tower. Psalm 18:2.

I went to work one day, and one of the owners came to tell me that they had to let me go. I was in shock, because a week earlier the other owner had said how pleased they were with my work. I asked when they wanted this to take affect? He said that he would like me to clean out my desk NOW, if at all possible, because they could no longer afford my services.

Now! Wow...I was so confused and bewildered. How could they be letting me go? I had millions of reasons to rationalize this, but it still doesn't alter the fact that they let me go. I could get into the Woulda, Shoulda, Coulda's, but that doesn't move me forward. There is this instinct that I have to berate myself, taking total responsibility for being let go. Maybe if I had only been better, faster, etc.

God doesn't want this in our lives and He didn't want me eating myself silly over it either. He wants us to move forward in the direction He lays out for us, trusting that He will provide for us, if we trust Him to. Will we have steak every night? No, but God will get us through this. God provided another part-time job in my field. Sure, it wasn't a full-time job, but it helped me develop a reputation with others and I was hired in a related full-time position elsewhere a year or so after that.

In hindsight, if I hadn't been let go from the first job, I wouldn't have been available for the part-time job that eventually led to a wonderful full-time position a year or so later. See, God works in marvelous ways. God had what seemed devastating at the time, lead to something promising in the future. The Lord is my rock, and my fortress, and my deliverer; my God, my strength, in whom I will trust; my buckler, and the horn of my salvation, and my high tower. Psalm 18:2.

Since this is an example of how God has positively influence my overeating, it does not necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the Bible verse.

These Are Other Blogs I Felt Led to Write:

Links to Other Blogs I Felt Led to Create Below: