Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how the Lord God has positively influenced my overeating, this doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verse. Debbie

COE Support Note:

If you REALLY want to read how Christ helped me throughout this weight loss and even when I was tempted, you should read some of the 100's of previous posts on https://christianovereaterssupport.blogspot.com/

How Could They Be So Insensitive?-

So when they continued asking Him, He lifted up Himself, and said unto them, "He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone at her." John 8, verse 7.

In applying this Bible verse to my life, I think of the conversations I've heard from others about the unemployed.  Some seem less than sensitive to the plight of those who are unemployed. They say things like, "Anyone can get a job if only they tried hard enough or didn't set their sights so high."

With having been overweight for so many years, ducking remarks, looks, and chuckles, I become irrate with those who seem insensitive to the needs of others. I can't understand their being so judgmental, especially in an economy where there has been downsizing and people have lost their homes. How could they be so insensitive?

First of all, this Bible verse reminds me that I have to have a forgiving nature for people who say such insensitive things, for I, too, am a sinful human being and find it easy to get frustrated with people who judge others. So, I end up judging others who judge others. So when they continued asking Him, He lifted up Himself, and said unto them, "He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone at her." John 8: 7.
Since this is an example of the positive influence God has made on my overeating, this may not reflect the whole meaning of the Bible verse.

These Are Other Blogs I Felt Led to Write:


Links to Other Blogs I Felt Led to Create Below: