Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how the Lord God has positively influenced my overeating, this doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verse. Debbie

COE Support Note:

If you REALLY want to read how Christ helped me throughout this weight loss and even when I was tempted, you should read some of the 100's of previous posts on https://christianovereaterssupport.blogspot.com/

Going Through the Motions of Being Christian-

1 Corinthians 15: 19 If in this life only we have hope in Christ, we are of all men most miserable. 20 But now is Christ risen from the dead, and become the firstfruits of them that slept.

I have faith in Christ, but do my actions show my faith? Do I just go through the motions, counting on a forgiving God to forgive all my indiscretions? Am I like the men most miserable in this passage, just hoping God will forgive me or do I actually believe it?

Thanks to my risen Savior, I know that He forgives my sins and my indiscretions, but do I still just go through the motions of being Christian? There are times I put blinders on and visually block out the way that God wants me to go. No, God, this isn't really what You want me to do right now, is it? God, wouldn't You rather that I do this other thing that lies within my comfort level instead?

I have to be open to allowing Christ to change my life. I found that I was rambling through my prayers and God opened my heart to let Him change that. I was overeating and let it interfere with my relationship with my family, friends, my self-esteem, and my relationship with God. Christ changed that, as well. He took that compulsion to eat huge quantities of food away that could never fill my stomach or the emptiness in my soul.

If Christ can change all these things, He can certainly heal my tendency to just go through the motions...if I let Him. God can heal my self-focus and fears of trusting that He will take care of me when I attempt things out of my comfort level. Again, it depends on whether I have a willing heart to let Him heal me of these. 1 Corinthians 15: 19 If in this life only we have hope in Christ, we are of all men most miserable. 20 But now is Christ risen from the dead, and become the firstfruits of them that slept.

Since this is an example of the positive influence God has made on my overeating, this may not reflect the whole meaning of the Bible verses.





Links to Other Blogs I Felt Led to Create Below: