Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how the Lord God has positively influenced my overeating, this doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verse. Debbie

COE Support Note:

If you REALLY want to read how Christ helped me throughout this weight loss and even when I was tempted, you should read some of the 100's of previous posts on https://christianovereaterssupport.blogspot.com/

Green Apples, Selfishness and Shame-

John 12: 4 Then saith one of His disciples, Judas Iscariot, Simon's son, which should betray Him, 5 Why was not this ointment sold for three hundred pence, and given to the poor? 6 This he said, not that he cared for the poor; but because he was a thief, and had the bag, and bare what was put therein.

This is one of the more difficult posts for me to write. The thing is, if I'm not honest with you, then I'm not being open to doing what God wants of me. Oh, well...I hate admitting this, but here goes...

I saw my young daughter leave the kitchen laden with something green in her arms and dash out the front door. I ran after her as fast as my heavy legs would allow. I abruptly opened the door and demanded that my daughter tell what she was doing. She innocently told me that she had gotten some apples for her friends to snack on. I told her that she needed to bring them back, because those apples were for the family.

The thing is, they weren't. Those apples were my favorites and they were really for me. I had deprived my daughter of the gift of sharing with her friends. I had taken that away from her, because I was hoarding the green apples for myself! I feel so ashamed over this and wish there were some way I could rewind things and do them differently, but this is Real Life and you can't do that.

This was one of the lowest points of my overeating. There was a period prior to God allowing me to lose the 80+ pounds that He had me see my life, almost as if it were in slow motion. During that time, God showed me the control that food had on my life. He showed me how I let the food and being overweight affect the relationships with my family, my friends, and with God. I was turning to food when I was stressed instead of turning to God.

Once I finally turned the food, body, eating, and control over to God, He took all of that away from me and allowed the weight loss over 30 years ago. He has blessed my life in ways that go far beyond the actual weight loss. I don't want to ever go back to that selfish person that I was. John 12: 4 Then saith one of His disciples, Judas Iscariot, Simon's son, which should betray Him, 5 Why was not this ointment sold for three hundred pence, and given to the poor? 6 This he said, not that he cared for the poor; but because he was a thief, and had the bag, and bare what was put therein.

Since this is an example of the positive influence God has made on my overeating, this may not reflect the whole meaning of the Bible verses.

These Are Other Blogs I Felt Led to Write:


Links to Other Blogs I Felt Led to Create Below: