Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how the Lord God has positively influenced my overeating, this doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verse. Debbie

COE Support Note:

If you REALLY want to read how Christ helped me throughout this weight loss and even when I was tempted, you should read some of the 100's of previous posts on https://christianovereaterssupport.blogspot.com/

Open Mouth-Insert Foot...Being Honest With Myself-

Proverbs 3: 5 Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. 6 In all thy ways acknowledge Him, and He shall direct thy paths.

Sometimes, I get caught up in my own world and think that because I'm a Christian, everything I do is good. There are times, that I can see by the look on someones face, that I had inadvertently hurt their feelings, which was the furthest thing from my intentions. It's not always easy being honest with myself.

I have a choice. I can continue the conversation and not draw attention to the reaction I just saw on their face. The other option is to respond as a Christian, allowing God to provide the words and the humility necessary. When I'm prayerful, God gives me the words to apologize in a way that feels sincere to the listener. Without God's guidance, I'm not able to convey my genuine regret over being insensitive to their feelings.

I have found that when I trust God, He will guide me in ways that defy all my logic. He has healed wounds that a quick response can evoke. I am so thankful I can depend on God during times like these, because unfortunately, I say "Open Mouth-Insert Foot" things without realizing it.  Proverbs 3: 5 Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. 6 In all thy ways acknowledge Him, and He shall direct thy paths.

Since this is an example of the positive influence God has made on my overeating, this may not reflect the whole meaning of the Bible verses.

These Are Other Blogs I Felt Led to Write:


Links to Other Blogs I Felt Led to Create Below: