Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how the Lord God has positively influenced my overeating, this doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verse. Debbie

COE Support Note:

If you REALLY want to read how Christ helped me throughout this weight loss and even when I was tempted, you should read some of the 100's of previous posts on https://christianovereaterssupport.blogspot.com/

Caring What People Think of Me-

The words of the Lord are pure words: as silver tried in a furnace of earth, purified seven times. Psalms 12:6.

I have felt torn this afternoon. I have faltered from trusting God's words and have worried more about what others would think of me, instead. In trying to process all of this prayerfully, God gave me some major breakthroughs. When I'm doing this, my actions are saying, "God, I love you, but I care more about what others think of me than what You think of me. So, I'm going to alter what I do to be more accommodating to the other people I value, than to do what You want me to do."

Now, if that's not an eye opener, I don't know what is! I wasn't aware of what my actions or my lack of actions were really saying and I feel horrible.  All my life, I've worried about what others might think. I worried about their impression of the excess weight I carried for years. I worried what they thought of how I wore my hair. I worried what they thought about how I raised my children. I worried what they thought of me as a Christian, but I wasn't worrying about what God thought of me. I was taking God for granted, because I know He loves me just the way I am.

I was trusting in people and their opinions and placing them far above those of God, although I didn't actually realize that's what I've been doing. Being fearful to move forward in the direction that God wants of me, is still not trusting Him. How can I doubt God when the Bible clearly says: The words of the Lord are pure words: as silver tried in a furnace of earth, purified seven times. Psalms 12:6.

Since this is an example of the positive influence God has made on my overeating, this may not reflect the whole meaning of the Bible verse.

These Are Other Blogs I Felt Led to Write:



Links to Other Blogs I Felt Led to Create Below: