Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how the Lord God has positively influenced my overeating, this doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verse. Debbie

COE Support Note:

If you REALLY want to read how Christ helped me throughout this weight loss and even when I was tempted, you should read some of the 100's of previous posts on https://christianovereaterssupport.blogspot.com/

My Warped Perception-

Watch ye and pray, lest ye enter into temptation. The spirit truly is ready, but the flesh is weak. Mark 14:38.

Of course, this is what Jesus said to the disciples  who fell asleep while Jesus was praying  in Gethsemane, just before He was betrayed by Judas. When I read the Bible, I try to apply it to my own life.  

There were times I was a stay-at-home-mother and other times where I was a working mother. I was overwhelmed with being a good mother, being a good wife, being a good housekeeper, being a good cook, being a good friend, being a good employee, etc. It seemed that the only time I stopped and took any time for myself was when I ate.

After I had eaten an appropriate amount, I was still exhausted and needed more rest. Rather than own up to not being Super Woman and allow myself a longer break, I decided I was still hungry and needed more to eat. I ate until I was no longer tired. It began a pattern that I kept for many years.

In the period of time prior to the major weight loss that God allowed me, He had me see my actions, almost as if I were in slow motion. I hadn't realized I was doing this, nor did I realize how this impacted my weight and self-esteem. Somehow, in my warped perception, all that time, I felt I was justified in taking this extra time for myself, as long as I was eating.

Fortunately, God showed me what I was doing. I was able to turn this and many other poor eating habits, and my stress over to God, who took them away. I'm ashamed to say that I've reverted back to this pattern periodically, over the years, before turning it back over to God. I just have to remember: Watch ye and pray, lest ye enter into temptation. The spirit truly is ready, but the flesh is weak. Mark 14:38.

Since this is an example of the positive influence God has made on my overeating, this may not reflect the whole meaning of the Bible verse.

These Are Other Blogs I Felt Led to Write:


Links to Other Blogs I Felt Led to Create Below: