Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how the Lord God has positively influenced my overeating, this doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verse. Debbie

COE Support Note:

If you REALLY want to read how Christ helped me throughout this weight loss and even when I was tempted, you should read some of the 100's of previous posts on https://christianovereaterssupport.blogspot.com/

Hiding in the Shadows

For verily I say unto you, That whosoever shall say unto this mountain, be thou removed, and be thou cast into the sea; and shall not doubt in his heart, but shall believe that those things which he saith shall come to pass; he shall have whatsoever he saith. therefore I say unto you, what things soever ye desire, when ye pray, believe that ye receive them, and ye shall have them. Mark 11:23-24

I was blessed by the Youth Service today at church. It was wonderful to see how involved the youth were, attending missions, etc. What really impressed me was one young lady who shared how she was impacted during one of her recent mission trips.

She talked about how they were helping mend the home of a lady who lived in a very unkempt and dangerous neighborhood. She noted that the lady left her home and went across the street and shared her faith with a man who had been sitting with others across the street drinking unidentified beverages out of a bag. She went on to say that man embraced the lady after talking to her and asked her to tell him more about Jesus, because he wanted to come to know Him.

When I heard this, I was moved, but thought about the risks the lady took. She didn't hesitate to go talk to these men sitting across the street. All odds were that she wouldn't be well received, but she did it anyway. And what's more than that, she was successful-her efforts paid off and this man wanted to know more about Christ. It made me think of all the times I'm a Hiding in the Shadows Christian,  fearful of sharing my faith with others for fear of how they might react to me. I need to be much more prayerful about being a better example of sharing my faith with others. For verily I say unto you, That whosoever shall say unto this mountain, be thou removed, and be thou cast into the sea; and shall not doubt in his heart, but shall believe that those things which he saith shall come to pass; he shall have whatsoever he saith. therefore I say unto you, what things soever ye desire, when ye pray, believe that ye receive them, and ye shall have them. Mark 11:23-24




Links to Other Blogs I Felt Led to Create Below: