Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how the Lord God has positively influenced my overeating, this doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verse. Debbie

COE Support Note:

If you REALLY want to read how Christ helped me throughout this weight loss and even when I was tempted, you should read some of the 100's of previous posts on https://christianovereaterssupport.blogspot.com/

Going Through the Routine of Being a Good Christian

Jesus said unto her, I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in Me, though he were dead, yet shall he live: And whosoever liveth and believeth in Me shall never die. Believest thou this? John 11:25-26

This gives me lots to ponder. Jesus doesn't say that he who acts like he believeth in Me...shall never die. He doesn't say that he that is on the most church committees... shall never die. He that goes through the routine of being a good Christian, but hates people of different races, cultures, etc...shall never die.

Jesus is telling me that faults like my compulsive overeating and making food a false god in my life, not being generous to the less fortunate, harboring anger in my heart to others who have harmed me or family members, or not being tolerant, etc. are all part of my sinful human nature, which would lead to my death with no hope of salvation.

It is our faith that Jesus is the Resurrection and the Life and truly believe this, although the natural outcome of our sinful human nature is death, through Christ's grace that all who live and believe in Him shall never have a permanent death, but shall live with God in heaven.  Jesus said unto her, I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in Me, though he were dead, yet shall he live: And whosoever liveth and believeth in Me shall never die. Believest thou this? John 11:25-26







Links to Other Blogs I Felt Led to Create Below: