Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how the Lord God has positively influenced my overeating, this doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verse. Debbie

COE Support Note:

If you REALLY want to read how Christ helped me throughout this weight loss and even when I was tempted, you should read some of the 100's of previous posts on https://christianovereaterssupport.blogspot.com/

Lacking in Sharing My Faith

Also I say unto you, whosoever shall confess Me before men, him shall the Son of Man also confess before the angels of God: But he that denieth Me before men shall be denied before the angels of God. Luke 12:8-9

Oh boy! This one hits at the core of my being! Sure I've been overweight and have turned to food, making it a false god instead of turning to Christ in times of stress, etc., but this is far worse. Knowing all that Christ has done in my life, all the miracles with His taking my compulsive overeating away, taking care of personal issues far out of my control and so much more, you would think that I wouldn't be so lacking in sharing my faith.

Unfortunately, I am a Chicken Christian! Why do I worry so much about what others think of me? Why am I afraid that they will shun me? Why does any of this even matter to me? Does it come from being overweight for all those years and knowing what it feels like to be avoided by others? I wish it were that simple.

I really don't have the answers for this, but I wish I did. I just pray that Christ heals my weakness as a Chicken Christian and makes me a better example of sharing my faith with others. Also I say unto you, whosoever shall confess Me before men, him shall the Son of Man also confess before the angels of God: But he that denieth Me before men shall be denied before the angels of God. Luke 12:8-9

Since this is an example of the positive influence God has made on my overeating, this may not reflect the whole meaning of the Bible verse.


Links to Other Blogs I Felt Led to Create Below: