Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how the Lord God has positively influenced my overeating, this doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verse. Debbie

COE Support Note:

If you REALLY want to read how Christ helped me throughout this weight loss and even when I was tempted, you should read some of the 100's of previous posts on https://christianovereaterssupport.blogspot.com/

After I Lost All That Weight, Am I Skinny Now?

There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man: but God is faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way for escape, that ye may be able to bear it. 1 Corinthians 10:13

Well, that's a good question. The thing is, I'm about five pounds above my goal weight, but even at goal, I'm never going to be skinny. I look normal for my height. I look and feel healthier. I have leftover bags and bulges and droopy parts that are mostly underneath my clothes, but they keep me from ever being skinny. I'm not sure that's totally true. My bone structure also contributes to that, but do I want to be skinny?

I think that's the better question. In the beginning, I thought my whole life would be better and I would have lots of friends if I were skinny. I have come to find out that skinny isn't where it's at. It's the peace of mind I have when I turn my eating and stress over to my Lord and Savior instead of turning to food. It's the sense of self-esteem that Christ has allowed me to develop that was virtually non-existent, when my life revolved around food and eating instead of turning to Christ.

Do I still struggle with food? That's another good question. I bounce around with the last 10-20 pounds over the years. Satan knows that my weakness is food in times of stress. There are times, I will find myself with a bag of tortilla chips and have downed half a bag before I wonder what I'm doing. Why am I eating all of this when I had a full dinner? That's when God blesses me by allowing me to realize that I'm stressed about something out of my control. Once I'm aware of that, I can turn it over to God's very capable hands. There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man: but God is faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way for escape, that ye may be able to bear it. 1 Corinthians 10:13

Since I am applying these Bible Verses to my life, it may not convey the whole meaning of the verses. Debbie

Links to Other Blogs I Felt Led to Create Below: