Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how the Lord God has positively influenced my overeating, this doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verse. Debbie

COE Support Note:

If you REALLY want to read how Christ helped me throughout this weight loss and even when I was tempted, you should read some of the 100's of previous posts on https://christianovereaterssupport.blogspot.com/

I Am so Glad to Be Feeling Happy Again!

But let the righteous be glad; let them rejoice before God: yea, let them exceedingly rejoice. Psalm 68:3

This Bible verse really drew my attention today when I read it. My family has had a tough Fall. My aunt was diagnosed with terminal brain cancer in September and passed early in November. My one uncle's wife passed later on in November. Then, my other uncle passed early in December due to a long battle with liver cancer. God has gotten me through the holidays, but it doesn't take much to make me teary-eyed these days.

There was a time a time I would have eaten over these sad events, but have found strength in turning to God. He helps me in more ways than I would have imagined. The Good Lord allowed me to stumble across a book in a thrift shop recently, that called my name. Reading The Happiness Project written by Gretchen Rubin has been a really uplifting experience for me! She has a different focus on developing happiness for each month of the year. I really enjoy reading as she shares with great honesty about which strategies work for her and which haven't been as productive.

She shares tips and statistics from a wide range of resources related to happiness. I have only read as far as May, but I eagerly await finding chunks of time to read here and there each day. I, also, have found that I am working on being more tolerant of others. In addition to this, I realized how much I used to enjoy doing crafts, but rarely do them. Within the last couple of days, I have made great strides at preparing supplies, etc. to be able to do crafts, as I have time. I've also, been thinking of how to incorporate more fun things into my life and the lives of family members.

This Bible verse drew my attention to God wanting me to be happy, as well. I don't usually post from blog on days other than Tuesday and Thursdays. I decided that since, I'm feeling so blessed that Christ has opened up my heart when it was feeling so fragile, I wanted to share this information with you to celebrate the New Year! But let the righteous be glad; let them rejoice before God: yea, let them exceedingly rejoice. Psalm 68:3

I decided to add an additional note now that I'm almost finished with the book. I was a little concerned with the author mentioned that she read books or listened to the advice of others who encouraged her trying the Eastern and Middle Eastern philosophies, in that this is a Christian blog. I was pleased that although she may have contemplated some of these or tried them briefly, she was honest enough with the readers to share that these were not a good fit for her. I think that's one of the big things I got out of the book. One of her ultimate goals was to be herself, not what other people or authors told her she should be. Reading that periodically throughout the book was very liberating! I think a lot of us try to live up to the suggestions of others even when it goes against what our needs are. I was very impressed with the way she stayed true to herself.  Debra Seiling

Since I am applying these Bible Verses to my life, it may not convey the whole meaning of the verses. Debbie

Links to Other Blogs I Felt Led to Create Below: