Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how the Lord God has positively influenced my overeating, this doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verse. Debbie

COE Support Note:

If you REALLY want to read how Christ helped me throughout this weight loss and even when I was tempted, you should read some of the 100's of previous posts on https://christianovereaterssupport.blogspot.com/

What Do You Say When Christ Asks You This?

And when He was come into the house, the blind men came to Him: and Jesus saith unto them, Believe ye that I am able to do this? They said unto him, Yea, Lord. Then touched He their eyes, saying According to your faith be it unto you. Matthew 9:28-29

So, here's a question for you. When you ask Jesus to heal your compulsive overeating what is your answer when He asks you, "Believe ye that I am able to do this?" Do you say, "Yea, Lord, as long as I don't have to make any changes in my life. I don't know if I can totally do that Christian thing. I like gossiping, swearing, being rude to people I don't care for, and fitting in with my group of friends."

Do you trust Jesus enough to be willing to making the changes that He shows you that need to be made in your life? I don't profess to be perfect by a long shot, but the changes that Jesus has made in my life have made me feel better about myself. Not with just losing the weight, but I feel better with losing some of the sinful ways that worked a wedge in my relationship with Christ, my family, and my self-esteem.

Does this all happen overnight? Somethings yes and somethings no. When Jesus healed me from my compulsive overeating, it was overnight. I just prayed telling Him that I couldn't do it. I had tried so many diets and gave up and if He ever wanted me to be thin, He'd have to do it, because I couldn't- and you know, He did. From that very day, the urge to eat enormous amounts of food is healed. Craving sugary foods that affect my moods are no longer an issue, unless I go ahead and eat them even when Christ has taken the urge away. I have to admit that I've done that at times when I've been stressed rather than turning that stress over to Him. Fortunately, when Christ shows me what I've been doing and ask His forgiveness, He gives it freely.

 Jesus doesn't expect that we will totally give up all our sinful ways over night, but we have to be open to giving them up when He shows us what needs to be changed. We can pray for the willingness to let Christ heal us from our vices and He will provide it if we ask and we believe that He can do it just like the blind men did. And when He was come into the house, the blind men came to Him: and Jesus saith unto them, Believe ye that I am able to do this? They said unto him, Yea, Lord. Then touched He their eyes, saying According to your faith be it unto you. Matthew 9:28-29

Links to Other Blogs I Felt Led to Create Below: