Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how the Lord God has positively influenced my overeating, this doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verse. Debbie

COE Support Note:

If you REALLY want to read how Christ helped me throughout this weight loss and even when I was tempted, you should read some of the 100's of previous posts on https://christianovereaterssupport.blogspot.com/

Do I Love Jesus More Than Food?

Jesus said unto him, "Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul and with all thy mind. This is the first and great commandment. And the second is like unto it,  Thou shalt love thy neighbor as thyself. On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets. Matthew 22:37-40

When I read, "Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul and with all thy mind," it makes me contemplate whether I love Jesus more than food? You would think that's an easy one for me to answer, because I have told readers how food used to be a false god to me. I had turned to food when I was stressed, happy, worried, etc. rather than turning to Christ with all my problems.

Then, Christ showed me what I was doing and how I was turning to food instead of to Him in times of stress, etc. When He showed me this, it took a long time before I was willing to admit that I was actually doing it. Stubborn, aren't I? Then, I finally got to the point when I realized that Christ was right, eating, fantasizing over eating, or the planning for future eating occupied a major space in my day, my mind, and my life. Food really had become a false god. It numbed me to the stress, worry, etc. and I just mindlessly munched through these feelings.

In that I now know what I was doing, it bothers me when I find myself reverting back to those old patterns with food. Do I love Jesus more than food? I certainly do, but Satan knows my weak points and tries to lure me in to slip sliding back into old routines. Fortunately for me, Jesus is patient and shows me time and again what is happening and helps me through these weak spells. Jesus said unto him, "Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul and with all thy mind. This is the first and great commandment. And the second is like unto it,  Thou shalt love thy neighbor as thyself. On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets. Matthew 22:37-40

Since I am applying these Bible Verses to my life, it may not convey the whole meaning of the verses. Debbie

Links to Other Blogs I Felt Led to Create Below: