Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how the Lord God has positively influenced my overeating, this doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verse. Debbie

COE Support Note:

If you REALLY want to read how Christ helped me throughout this weight loss and even when I was tempted, you should read some of the 100's of previous posts on https://christianovereaterssupport.blogspot.com/

It Isn't Easy Being a Christian When It's Hot!!!

Colossians 3: 8-10.But now ye also put off all these; anger, wrath, malice, blasphemy, filthy communication out of your mouth. Lie not one to another, seeing that ye have put off the old man with his deeds; And have put on the new man, which is renewed in knowledge after the image of Him that created Him.

Our air conditioner went out and it is hot, Hot, HOT!!! They've had to order a new motor and it happens to be during one of the hottest times of year, although this post is coming out some months after I've written it.

What I find is that my forgiving, patient, Christian nature is not as apparent when I am Hot! I found that I tend to get cranky easily and am far less patient with everyone else. To make matters worse, everyone else is hot, as well, and they are less than patient themselves. It crossed my mind to eat over the stress that's occurred today in our household, something quite uncommon.

Fortunately for me, God's shown me that when I feel led to food, it's the last thing in the world I need at the time. When I'm stressed, if I turn my concerns over to Christ, He will get me through whatever situations that arise.

 After writing this, I don't feel frustrated any more, because God's helped me see that the response I see in others is just that they are hot, as well. When I'm wanting them to be patient with me because of the heat, I forget that they are depending on my patience as much or more. I set the tone in my household and if I let the heat get to me, what is that saying to the others? No wonder things have been so tense. Colossians 3: 8-10.But now ye also put off all these; anger, wrath, malice, blasphemy, filthy communication out of your mouth. Lie not one to another, seeing that ye have put off the old man with his deeds; And have put on the new man, which is renewed in knowledge after the image of Him that created Him.

Links to Other Blogs I Felt Led to Create Below: