Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how the Lord God has positively influenced my overeating, this doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verse. Debbie

COE Support Note:

If you REALLY want to read how Christ helped me throughout this weight loss and even when I was tempted, you should read some of the 100's of previous posts on https://christianovereaterssupport.blogspot.com/

What Do I Live By?

Luke 4: 3 And the devil said unto Him, If Thou be the Son of God, command this stone that it be made bread. 4 And Jesus answered him, saying, “It is written, That man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word of God.”

Jesus had been in the desert without food for forty days, yet He withstood Satan's temptations. Jesus responded, “That man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word of God.” It makes me wonder, “What do I live by?” I love Christ and love to read the Bible. Do I turn to God's Word when I'm tempted to eat things I shouldn't or do I cave in?

I am sorry to say that I have caved in far more times than I would like to admit to. Does that mean that I have to give up, because I'm not the Christian that Christ would really want me to be? Fortunately for all of us, Jesus is very forgiving if we turn to Him and ask for His generous forgiveness.

Being a weak human being, what can I do? Well, I can't help but feel that the answer lies in Jesus' response to Satan when he tempted Jesus. That man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word of God.” I am weak, but if I turn to God whether through prayer or reading the Bible in times of temptation, He will get me through those times.

Actually, I have found that even if I caved into temptation and then turn to God, whether through prayer or reading the Bible, He picks me back up and aims me in the right direction. He doesn't chastise me like I do myself and tell me how stupid I was to fall prey to that food that was calling my name. He loves me the way I am, but wants better for me, as well. Christ holds my hand through this on-going journey in the desert as Satan continues to tempt me with worldly things like food and Christ can do it for you, as well. Luke 4: 3 And the devil said unto Him, If Thou be the Son of God, command this stone that it be made bread. 4 And Jesus answered him, saying, “It is written, That man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word of God.”

Links to Other Blogs I Felt Led to Create Below: