Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how the Lord God has positively influenced my overeating, this doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verse. Debbie

COE Support Note:

If you REALLY want to read how Christ helped me throughout this weight loss and even when I was tempted, you should read some of the 100's of previous posts on https://christianovereaterssupport.blogspot.com/

Not Giving God the Glory…

 And upon a set day Herod, arrayed in royal apparel, sat upon his throne, and made an oration unto them. And the people gave a shout, saying, It is the voice of a god, and not of a man. And immediately the angel of the Lord smote him, because he gave not God the glory: and he was eaten of worms, and gave up the ghost. Acts 12:21-23

There’s this passage and another passage in the Bible: And Jesus answering said, Were there not ten cleansed?  but where are the nine?  There are not found that returned to give glory to God, save this stranger. Luke 17:17-18 Both passages talk about not giving God the glory.

You would think that giving God the glory is an easy thing to do, but not always. I have found that whether it’s losing weight through God, sharing an idea I was given, or something as simple as saying how thankful I am for what God’s done in my life, there are those who will argue with you about it.

Somehow, these misguided people, think that it’s better for our self-esteem if we take the credit for positive events in our life rather than giving God the glory.  They say this even when I tell them that my losing 80+ pounds of excess weight happened after I prayed and told God that I gave up and if He ever wanted me to be thin, He’s have to do it Himself…and He did! 

I always figured that’s probably the first time I gave up the control over my eating, my body, and my life and put it into God’s very capable hands. Anyway, it didn’t happen by any plan of mine. It didn’t happen by visualizing myself thin sitting on some beach. It happened when I turned things over into God’s capable hands and I plan to keep giving God the glory for this miracle! And upon a set day Herod, arrayed in royal apparel, sat upon his throne, and made an oration unto them. And the people gave a shout, saying, It is the voice of a god, and not of a man. And immediately the angel of the Lord smote him, because he gave not God the glory: and he was eaten of worms, and gave up the ghost. Acts 12:21-23

Since I am applying these Bible Verses to my life, it may not convey the whole meaning of the verses. Debbie

Links to Other Blogs I Felt Led to Create Below: