Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how the Lord God has positively influenced my overeating, this doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verse. Debbie

COE Support Note:

If you REALLY want to read how Christ helped me throughout this weight loss and even when I was tempted, you should read some of the 100's of previous posts on https://christianovereaterssupport.blogspot.com/

Wanting the Easy Way Out

And these are they by the way side, where the Word is sown; but when they have heard, Satan cometh immediately, and taketh away the Word that was sown in their hearts. Mark 4:15

It seems like I’ve always looked for the easy way out. When I was dieting, I was always looking for an easy diet that required no major effort on my part. I wanted a diet that allowed me to eat most of the same foods I was already eating, in almost the same amounts I was eating, without having to sacrifice anything.

In school and work, before I would hunker down and do the necessary work, I was always looking to see if there were an easier way to tackle any project I had to do. I have always been looking for the easy way out, which isn’t necessarily always good for me. If I had found the easy diet I was looking for, I wouldn’t have been open to God showing me how to change my eating patterns and turning to food in times of stress instead of Him. If I had found easier ways to do some of my school work and jobs, I might not have had the self-satisfaction of sticking with a job until it was completed.

Like these two examples, it makes me think of this passage where the Word of God is shared with someone and it goes by the way side and Satan undermines the Word that was sown in their hearts. I need to be more mindful of not always looking for the easy way out. Christ is the way to salvation and that’s what I need to focus on. And these are they by the way side, where the Word is sown; but when they have heard, Satan cometh immediately, and taketh away the Word that was sown in their hearts. Mark 4:15

Since I am applying these Bible Verses to my life, it may not convey the whole meaning of the verses. Debbie

Links to Other Blogs I Felt Led to Create Below: