Posted on Tuesday and Thursday mornings

Tuesday, November 4, 2014

It Isn't Easy Being a Christian When It's Hot!!!

Colossians 3: 8-10.But now ye also put off all these; anger, wrath, malice, blasphemy, filthy communication out of your mouth. Lie not one to another, seeing that ye have put off the old man with his deeds; And have put on the new man, which is renewed in knowledge after the image of Him that created Him.

Our air conditioner went out and it is hot, Hot, HOT!!! They've had to order a new motor and it happens to be during one of the hottest times of year, although this post is coming out some months after I've written it.

What I find is that my forgiving, patient, Christian nature is not as apparent when I am Hot! I found that I tend to get cranky easily and am far less patient with everyone else. To make matters worse, everyone else is hot, as well, and they are less than patient themselves. It crossed my mind to eat over the stress that's occurred today in our household, something quite uncommon.

Fortunately for me, God's shown me that when I feel led to food, it's the last thing in the world I need at the time. When I'm stressed, if I turn my concerns over to Christ, He will get me through whatever situations that arise.

 After writing this, I don't feel frustrated any more, because God's helped me see that the response I see in others is just that they are hot, as well. When I'm wanting them to be patient with me because of the heat, I forget that they are depending on my patience as much or more. I set the tone in my household and if I let the heat get to me, what is that saying to the others? No wonder things have been so tense. Colossians 3: 8-10.But now ye also put off all these; anger, wrath, malice, blasphemy, filthy communication out of your mouth. Lie not one to another, seeing that ye have put off the old man with his deeds; And have put on the new man, which is renewed in knowledge after the image of Him that created Him.

Since this is an example of the positive influence God has made on my overeating, this may not reflect the whole meaning of the Bible verse.


Weight Loss Tips Video: The Science of Appetite-Beating Overeating
by: Asap SCIENCE via You Tube

I have decided to include Weight Loss Tip Videos instead of the Healthy Tips I have been doing prior to this to provide a wide variety of tips for weight loss. See Disclaimer. I, personally, lost the weight through prayer and good nutrition, and do not promote any weight loss gimmicks. Debbie

Disclaimer: Please consult a physician and be prayerful before considering any of the tips presented in these Weight Loss Tips Videos or their ads. I am not responsible for the content of the videos or their ads. Debra Seiling


Please click on comments below to share your joys, concerns, recipes, prayers, and miracles. Thanks!

Christ's Grace Abounds

Bible Study: Relating the Bible to YOUR Life! Link

Bible Study: Relating the Bible to YOUR Life! Link
Easy Bible Study to Learn to Make Bible to Self, Text, World, and Media Connections

Zoe Ministry.org

Zoe Ministry.org
Empower Orphans to Raise Their Siblings

Heifer International.org

Heifer International.org
A Gift of an Animal Can Change People's Lives