Posted on Tuesday and Thursday mornings

Thursday, November 20, 2014

Losing Sight of God…

But that no man is justified by the law in the sight of God, it is evident: for, The just shall live by faith. Galatians 3:11

The other day as I was saying my prayers, I asked God to not let me and my family lose sight of Him-to keep God in focus. After I said that, I wondered about what I had just prayed, so I prayerfully contemplated my prayer.

I thought about when I had an art class and was taught to draw with perspective. We learned about the vanishing point, where the object we had been looking at from a distance vanished from view, but was still there.

This got me thinking about several things. One I was elated to think that although I sometimes feel that God has vanished from view, He is still there watching over me. This was very reassuring, because I am apt to lose my focus at times, especially when I’m turning to food to deal with my stress rather than turning to God.

On the other hand, my prayer alarmed me. I would be alarmed if a child were walking away from their parent, so that all they could see of that parent was a speck on the horizon. So much could happen to them. They could make a poor choice and step out into the street and get hit, but be too far to hear the parent or have them rescue the child in time.

This made me think that it’s not a good thing to wander so far away from God that we can’t hear His warnings and possibly get led astray. This gave me lots of food for thought. But that no man is justified by the law in the sight of God, it is evident: for, The just shall live by faith. Galatians 3:11


Since this is an example of the positive influence God has made on my overeating, this may not reflect the whole meaning of the Bible verse.


Taking Her First Steps Was Key to Luli's 104-Pound Weight Loss-Weight Loss Success Story
by: Luli Alanso on GPB TheWeighWeWereTV via You Tube

I have decided to include Weight Loss Tip Videos instead of the Healthy Tips I have been doing prior to this to provide a wide variety of tips for weight loss. See Disclaimer. I, personally, lost the weight through prayer and good nutrition, and do not promote any weight loss gimmicks. Debbie

Disclaimer: Please consult a physician and be prayerful before considering any of the tips presented in these Weight Loss Tips Videos or their ads. I am not responsible for the content of the videos or their ads. Debra Seiling


Please click on comments below to share your joys, concerns, recipes, prayers, and miracles. Thanks!

Types of Christians Blog Link

How to Know Jesus Is God's Son

Jesus Calls You, But Do Your Actions Say You Don't Desire Him?