Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how the Lord God has positively influenced my overeating, this doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verse. Debbie

COE Support Note:

If you REALLY want to read how Christ helped me throughout this weight loss and even when I was tempted, you should read some of the 100's of previous posts on https://christianovereaterssupport.blogspot.com/

Trying to Wheedle God

But without faith it is impossible to please Him: for he that cometh to God must believe that He is, and that He is a rewarder of them that diligently seek Him. Hebrews 11:6

I was just putting a little one to bed, as he begged if he could have this additional toy in bed, just this once. As I was thinking about how he tried to talk me into bending the bedtime toy rules, it dawned on me that I do something quite similar with God in my prayers.

I will see some food that I want and I find myself praying, “Couldn't I have this, God, just this once?” Well, God has shown me which foods sustain my body and keep it healthy and which ones negatively affect me. I’m hypoglycemic, so anything with sugar isn't good for me, although fruits don’t have that same negative impact on my blood sugar.

I’m glad that God is looking after my welfare. Of course, I have choices in this, but I’ve learned the hard way, I’m better off if I don’t take that first bite. But without faith it is impossible to please Him: for he that cometh to God must believe that He is, and that He is a rewarder of them that diligently seek Him. Hebrews 11:6

Links to Other Blogs I Felt Led to Create Below: