Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how the Lord God has positively influenced my overeating, this doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verse. Debbie

COE Support Note:

If you REALLY want to read how Christ helped me throughout this weight loss and even when I was tempted, you should read some of the 100's of previous posts on https://christianovereaterssupport.blogspot.com/

Does Your Faith in Christ Promise You a Thin Body?

But without faith it is impossible to please Him: for he that cometh to God must believe that He is, and that He is a rewarder of them that diligently seek Him. Hebrews 11:6

At times, I wonder if people think from my blog posts, that they are entitled to a thin body, because they are Christians, too. In my opinion, that’s not what this passage is saying. I think some so-called Christians feel that God is there to give them everything they want: good jobs, big houses, fast cars, perfect bodies and lots of money.

Unfortunately, there really are people who believe this. They mistakenly take passages like this out of context. They feel that if they have faith in God, He will reward them with whatever they ask of Him. They miss the point that THE REWARD for our faith is our SALVATION in heaven with Jesus. They are looking for earthly rewards, not heavenly ones.

I realize that can be confusing, because God allowed me to lose 80+ pounds over 30 years ago and He has kept the vast majority of the weight off throughout that time. It’s not something I was promised for following Christ. It happened because Christ showed me that when I turned my stress, food, and body over into His very capable hands, I no longer had need to turn to food for comfort. That was an added bonus, because my real reward is SALVATION in heaven with Jesus. But without faith it is impossible to please Him: for he that cometh to God must believe that He is, and that He is a rewarder of them that diligently seek Him. Hebrews 11:6

Links to Other Blogs I Felt Led to Create Below: