Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how the Lord God has positively influenced my overeating, this doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verse. Debbie

COE Support Note:

If you REALLY want to read how Christ helped me throughout this weight loss and even when I was tempted, you should read some of the 100's of previous posts on https://christianovereaterssupport.blogspot.com/

Striving for That Full Feeling...

And to know the love of Christ, which passeth knowledge, that ye might be filled with all the fullness of God. Ephesians 3:19

For so many years I longed to feel full, especially when I was stressed. I would have this gnawing feeling in the pit of my stomach, like I hadn’t eaten for weeks. I would eat something, but that gnawing feeling was still there. I would figure that I was so hungry. I just needed to eat something else and that let to something else.

When all was said and done, my stomach was nauseated, but that gnawing feeling was still there. It was years later, I was to learn that the gnawing feeling was how my stomach felt when I was under stress. All those years, I turned to food to deal with my feelings of stress rather than turn to God with it. After I finally listened to what God was showing me, I started finding out that He can take my stress and my gnawing feeling away.

I’ve learned that I need to be filled with the fullness of God rather than food to heal the stress in my life. Do I always do that? I wish I could tell you that I do, but when I find myself reverting back to trying to fill that gnawing feeling with food, God reminds me that it is He who can heal my stress and fill me. And to know the love of Christ, which passeth knowledge, that ye might be filled with all the fullness of God. Ephesians 3:19

Links to Other Blogs I Felt Led to Create Below: