Posted on Tuesday and Thursday mornings

Thursday, April 3, 2014

Trying to Wheedle God

But without faith it is impossible to please Him: for he that cometh to God must believe that He is, and that He is a rewarder of them that diligently seek Him. Hebrews 11:6

I was just putting a little one to bed, as he begged if he could have this additional toy in bed, just this once. As I was thinking about how he tried to talk me into bending the bedtime toy rules, it dawned on me that I do something quite similar with God in my prayers.

I will see some food that I want and I find myself praying, “Couldn't I have this, God, just this once?” Well, God has shown me which foods sustain my body and keep it healthy and which ones negatively affect me. I’m hypoglycemic, so anything with sugar isn't good for me, although fruits don’t have that same negative impact on my blood sugar.

I’m glad that God is looking after my welfare. Of course, I have choices in this, but I’ve learned the hard way, I’m better off if I don’t take that first bite. But without faith it is impossible to please Him: for he that cometh to God must believe that He is, and that He is a rewarder of them that diligently seek Him. Hebrews 11:6

Since this is an example of the positive influence God has made on my overeating, this may not reflect the whole meaning of the Bible verse.


Weight Loss Tips Video: How I Lost 50 Pounds, My Motivation & Story, Weight Loss
By: mint2btay03 via You Tube

I have decided to include Weight Loss Tip Videos instead of the Healthy Tips I have been doing prior to this to provide a wide variety of tips for weight loss. See Disclaimer. I, personally, lost the weight through prayer and good nutrition, and do not promote any weight loss gimmicks. Debbie




Disclaimer: Please consult a physician and be prayerful before considering any of the tips presented in these Weight Loss Tips Videos or their ads. I am not responsible for the content of the videos or their ads. Debra Seiling


Please click on comments below to share your joys, concerns, recipes, prayers, and miracles. Thanks!

Types of Christians Blog Link

How to Know Jesus Is God's Son

Jesus Calls You, But Do Your Actions Say You Don't Desire Him?