Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how the Lord God has positively influenced my overeating, this doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verse. Debbie

COE Support Note:

If you REALLY want to read how Christ helped me throughout this weight loss and even when I was tempted, you should read some of the 100's of previous posts on https://christianovereaterssupport.blogspot.com/

Forgiving Myself for Mistakes…

Mark 11: 25 And when ye stand praying, forgive, if ye have ought against any: that your Father also which is in heaven may forgive you your trespasses. 26 But if ye do not forgive, neither will your Father which is in heaven forgive your trespasses.

I was in church yesterday. I took the communion bread and started to put it in my mouth without first dipping it in the cup. I was so embarrassed. It was awkward for me and I didn’t know what to do. After I kneeled to pray, I was focusing on my mistake. When the minister was saying a prayer, I was focusing on my mistake. When they were singing, I was focusing on my mistake.

I was beating myself up for making this mistake, long after God had forgiven me. Why do I beat myself up so, expecting myself to be perfect? God doesn't do this to me or expect this of me. He only expects me to love Jesus Christ as my Savior with my heart, mind, and soul. God knows I’m human, but do I?

At a point, while I was in the pew oblivious to what was going on around me, I realized that I was missing what God wanted me to hear. I was too busy kicking myself. I realized that whether I’m angry with myself for an error or about eating too much of something that was calling my name, I’m still a child of God and He loves me and forgives me. He gives me a better way than punishing myself. I don’t have to do that, because His Son, Jesus, did that for me on the cross. I don’t have to punish myself any more. I just have to turn my inadequacies over to God’s very capable hands and forgive my own trespasses. Mark 11: 25 And when ye stand praying, forgive, if ye have ought against any: that your Father also which is in heaven may forgive you your trespasses. 26 But if ye do not forgive, neither will your Father which is in heaven forgive your trespasses.

Links to Other Blogs I Felt Led to Create Below: