Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how the Lord God has positively influenced my overeating, this doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verse. Debbie

COE Support Note:

If you REALLY want to read how Christ helped me throughout this weight loss and even when I was tempted, you should read some of the 100's of previous posts on https://christianovereaterssupport.blogspot.com/

When I Bottom Out

 The ants are a people not strong, Yet they prepared their food in the summer. Proverbs 30:25

When I read this brief Bible verse, I thought about how significant this advice is in my life. Because I'm Hypoglycemic and get what I call the cranky crabbies after I eat sugar and my blood sugar bottoms out, I find it's extremely important for me to pay attention to this. 

When I am going to someone's house for dinner, if I prepare a substantial side dish to take with me, I know there's going to be something healthy for me to eat, no matter what they are serving. Also, I've found that if I eat some protein and or a glass of milk before going out to eat, I am less apt to crave sugary or unhealthy foods. When I am going somewhere to eat with others, it's sometimes helpful for me to scope out the food menu ahead, so I know there is going to be healthy food for me and often, I can check out the ingredients, online. 

The thing is, I am telling you healthy eating tips, but this blog is about how Christ changed my life from letting food and the scale control my life to putting my life, my food, body, stress and eating into Christ's very capable hands. Once I started doing that, all the other things started to fall into place and I didn't feel so tempted by unhealthy foods, as I had in the past. I can't say I'm never tempted, nor can I say I've never started slip-sliding back into old patterns. Fortunately for me, Christ is very gracious and helps pick me up and refocuses me on habits and foods that are healthy for me and my relationship with Him.

Since I am writing how I've applied this Bible verse to my own life, you should know that it doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the Bible verse. Debbie


Links to Other Blogs I Felt Led to Create Below: