Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how the Lord God has positively influenced my overeating, this doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verse. Debbie

COE Support Note:

If you REALLY want to read how Christ helped me throughout this weight loss and even when I was tempted, you should read some of the 100's of previous posts on https://christianovereaterssupport.blogspot.com/

Not Sensitive to the Needs of Others Who are in the Same Spot?

 A poor man who oppresses the poor Is like a driving rain which leaves no food. Proverbs 28:3

This passage about the poor man who oppresses the poor who are in the same predicament, reminds me of those who are heavy and put down every heavy person they see. They poke fun at what other heavy people are wearing, what they are eating, etc.

I can't say I've never done this, because I'm a sinful human being like the rest of us. What I do know is that Christ's showed me how I turned to food as a crutch during times of stress. It ended up being a false god in my life, where I turned to food for comfort in those times, instead of turning to my Lord and Savior to heal my aching heart.

It was very significant, in that He also showed me that if I was eating over stress, that others were probably doing so, as well. It gave me a deeper sense of compassion of what they were going through and it reminded me of how lonely I was inside, until Christ showed me that I didn't have to be lonely anymore. He filled me with a sense of self-worth, and showed me that the comments of others, the number on the scale, or size of my clothes didn't tell me who I was. I was a blessed child of Christ, who loved me the way I am, faults and all. In the process, He showed me that I no longer needed food for comfort when I was stressed, all I had to do was to put my concerns in my Savior's very capable hands. As soon as I did, I felt like a big burden was lifted off of my shoulders and I no longer had the urge to eat the door knobs off. If He could do this for me, He most certainly can do this for you, if you let Him!

Since I am writing how I've applied this Bible verse to my own life, you should know that it doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the Bible verse. Debbie

Links to Other Blogs I Felt Led to Create Below: