Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how the Lord God has positively influenced my overeating, this doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verse. Debbie

COE Support Note:

If you REALLY want to read how Christ helped me throughout this weight loss and even when I was tempted, you should read some of the 100's of previous posts on https://christianovereaterssupport.blogspot.com/

Remembering

"You shall remember that you were a slave in the land of Egypt, and the Lord your God redeemed you; there for I command you this thing today." Deuteronomy 15:15

I had recently had the issue with wanting to eat the whole pumpkin pie, when I rarely, if ever, eat sweets. The Lord showed me years ago, that Satan used that weakness to keep me from being the person that Christ knew I could be. When I ate sweets, they affected my moods and when the sugar high wore off and my blood sugar would plummet, I would get a case of what I call the cranky-crabbies. It affected my relationship with my family, my friends, and my Lord and Savior.

Fortunately, Christ showed me years ago, that I can turn my eating, my stress, and life over to His very capable hands. Unfortunately, I allowed myself to fall back into old patterns when I sampled the pumpkin pie and wanted to eat the whole thing. After Christmas dinner, I was asked about keeping leftovers of this special sweet potato and cranberry dish that has become a family tradition. 

Then, Christ had me remember that last year, when I took left overs of this favorite dish,  I had started exhibiting the cranky-crabbies again after eating it a few times. I love it and it's delicious, but I'm setting myself up for failure again, to take these wonderful leftovers! I am so blessed that Christ had me remember and stick to the resolve He gave me! The Lord redeemed the Israelites from slavery in Egypt, but He also redeemed me from slavery to sweets and foods that are not healthy for me! 

Since I am writing how I've applied this Bible verse to my own life, you should know that it doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the Bible verse. Debbie

Links to Other Blogs I Felt Led to Create Below: