Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how the Lord God has positively influenced my overeating, this doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verse. Debbie

COE Support Note:

If you REALLY want to read how Christ helped me throughout this weight loss and even when I was tempted, you should read some of the 100's of previous posts on https://christianovereaterssupport.blogspot.com/

Is Any of This Really Worth It?

 When you sit down to eat with a ruler, consider carefully what is before you: and put a knife to your throat if you are a man given to appetite. Do not desire his delicacies, for they are deceptive food. Do not overwork to be rich; because of your own understanding, cease! Will you set your eyes on that which is not? For riches certainly make themselves wings; they fly away like an eagle toward heaven. Proverbs 23:1-5

I'm just going to share the things that I relate to my eating issues. I always admired those people who eat fancy and exotic dishes specially prepared for them on a regular basis. I drool when I've walked by confection shops that show fancy delicacies, but is any of this really worth it?

It could be easy for me to get caught up in trying to live in the fast lane, to be able to afford these fancy foods, to only go to trendy restaurants and try all their delicacies. The thing is, when I've found myself caught up in desires like this, I loose sight of what is truly important in my life. Food controlled most of my life and even became a false god. Christ showed me, years ago, that I was going to food for comfort in times of stress, instead of turn these stressful things over to His very capable hands!

Is it really worth it for me to set my eyes on things of wealth, fancy restaurants and food delicacies? In the long run, the joy of riches and fancy foods certainly make themselves wings, and fly away and there I am stuck with the remorse for haven been taken in by the lure Satan dangles in front of me with these tempting things. Sure, it's not robbing a bank, or being unfaithful, but maybe I'm being unfaithful to myself and to Christ when I think that fancy foods will satisfy my aching heart, when only He can!

Since I am writing how I've applied this Bible verse to my own life, you should know that it doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the Bible verse. Debbie

Links to Other Blogs I Felt Led to Create Below: