Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how the Lord God has positively influenced my overeating, this doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verse. Debbie

COE Support Note:

If you REALLY want to read how Christ helped me throughout this weight loss and even when I was tempted, you should read some of the 100's of previous posts on https://christianovereaterssupport.blogspot.com/

A Regular Diet of What is Allotted to Me

 Remove falsehood and lies far from me; Give me neither poverty nor riches- Feed me with the food allotted to me; Lest I be full and deny You, And say, "Who is the Lord?" Or lest I be poor and steal, and profane the name of my God. Proverbs 30:8-9

This reminds me of Daniel, who could have eaten of all the king's delicacies, but only wanted healthy food allotted to him, instead of the fancy foods, and dining and hob-knobbing with others for attention from the nobility.

Although I don't hob-knob with nobility, it still is important for me to eat the food or to have the other things in life that I am allotted, and not get caught up in desiring things that are counterproductive for me. It can make us loose sight of our Lord and what He deems are healthy for us. Is it healthy for us to have a regular diet of trendy foods? Is it healthy for us to have a regular diet of social media, to the point, these topics keep us from sleeping at night? Is it healthy for us to have a regular diet of patriotism, to the point, that we forget who the Lord is and how He was compassionate to the less fortunate and marginalized of the world?

This is lots to be prayerful about and it transcends just eating food. It could be easy to get caught up in the fast-lane trying to out do the Jones's even if we have to lie a little or use God's name in vain, because everyone else is. I am a sinful human being and I have verged on slipping into these patterns, but the Lord shows me that my life is so much simpler and healthier when I am content to have the food and life style choices that are allotted to me.

Since I am writing how I've applied this Bible verse to my own life, you should know that it doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the Bible verse. Debbie



Links to Other Blogs I Felt Led to Create Below: