Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how the Lord God has positively influenced my overeating, this doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verse. Debbie

COE Support Note:

If you REALLY want to read how Christ helped me throughout this weight loss and even when I was tempted, you should read some of the 100's of previous posts on https://christianovereaterssupport.blogspot.com/

Food for Waste or Waist???

 Proverbs 13:23 says: Much food is in the fallow ground of the poor, And for lack of justice there is waste. 

I decided to check a couple of interpretations for this passage, before writing my post. The interpretation that I chose, although all are valid, is more aligned to: The poor people of the world have ground that could produce food for them, but they are too busy working the ground of the businesses owners, to be able to work their own ground for food for themselves. 

This seems especially significant to me, in that, yesterday was Thanksgiving. I always tell myself that I will eat moderately, but I heap my plate up so high, that things are dribbling off the sides. You wouldn't think I would still be doing this after Christ has blessed me with the vast majority of an 80 pound weight loss staying off for over 30 years and how He changed my life significantly to focus on what is important, Him, and to not let my food control my life. Unfortunately, it's two steps forward and one back, and other times it's one step forward and two back. 

This Bible passage makes me think of how these poor people in countries around the world, who are barely living on rice or peanut protein to get enough to keep their children alive are working to help provide all this food that I take for granted. I feel so guilty that I contribute to these inequities and feel sorry for mindlessly eating without being thankful for those who have given up so much to provide it for us!

Since I am writing how I've applied this Bible verse to my own life, you should know that it doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the Bible verse. Debbie

Links to Other Blogs I Felt Led to Create Below: