Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how the Lord God has positively influenced my overeating, this doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verse. Debbie

COE Support Note:

If you REALLY want to read how Christ helped me throughout this weight loss and even when I was tempted, you should read some of the 100's of previous posts on https://christianovereaterssupport.blogspot.com/

Time to Catch Up!

My grandfather used to tell me this story when I was younger. I didn't realize it came from the Bible until I was an adult. Go to the ant, you sluggard! Consider her ways and be wise, Which, having no captain, Overseer or ruler, Provides her supplies in the summer, And gathers her food in the harvest. How long will you slumber, O Sluggard? When will you rise from your sleep? Proverbs 6:6-9

Although it doesn't exactly tie into eating, it does and it doesn't. The thing is, that my eating issues over the years didn't have as much have to do with eating, as that's the way I tried to stuff down whatever I was feeling rather than dealing with those feelings- so here goes... 

It seems like with the holidays approaching, I feel like I've been more like the ball in a pinball machine bouncing from one thing to the next, instead of just focusing on what needs to be done first. I, actually, went from one extreme to the other. Last year, I sent my Christmas mail out on the lay-away plan {some now and some later}. I mailed cards up until the day before Christmas. I heard from three different people that they got their Christmas card from me in March of this year. Well, lesson learned! So, this year, I was determined that I would mail all the Christmas cards by the beginning of November, so that didn't happen again! I started making my Christmas cards in mid-October to have them ready by November 1, and they were ready! 

The sad thing is, I lost perspective of all the many things I had put on the back burner and didn't stay focused on the most important things like the ant in this Bible passage. I owe you, the Reader, and apology, because while I was trying to get ahead in one thing, I was getting behind in keeping up with my blog posts, and for that I am very sorry! Fortunately for me, the Lord God is very forgiving despite some of my big plans, and He brings me back to focus on what is most important-my relationship with Him and sharing it with others! Have a very blessed Holiday!

Since I am writing how I've applied this Bible verse to my own life, you should know that it doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the Bible verse. Debbie

Links to Other Blogs I Felt Led to Create Below: