Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how the Lord God has positively influenced my overeating, this doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verse. Debbie

COE Support Note:

If you REALLY want to read how Christ helped me throughout this weight loss and even when I was tempted, you should read some of the 100's of previous posts on https://christianovereaterssupport.blogspot.com/

I Wanted Something...Something Sweet!

Matthew 6: 7 But when ye pray, use not vain repetitions, as the heathen do: for they think that they shall be heard for their much speaking. 8 Be not ye therefore like unto them: for your Father knoweth what things ye have need of, before ye ask Him

I came home from something at the church, one evening and I wanted something...something sweet! I tried to figure out why I wanted this so badly. First, I went through what I ate at dinner, to see if I ate an adequate amount. I had left over BBQ ribs from a family gathering. Also, I ate some of the BBQ beans my husband made. Additionally, I had some rice and a salad. That seemed like a more than ample amount of food, so I shouldn't be wanting something to eat after eating something so substantial.

As I was prayerfully contemplating things, I wondered if I was feeling stressed about anything. There are times that I will feel hungry when I'm really stressed. I used to use food to satisfy my fears and push my feelings down inside of me instead of dealing with them by turning them over to Christ my Savior, who can heal all stress. It turned out that I didn't have anything bothering me, at the time.

So, what could it be? I continued to prayerfully contemplate this as the urge grew stronger and stronger to have something sweet. I had thought about having some pineapple which is on my food plan, but eating it at 9 p.m. would give me too much energy in the night, where I wouldn't be able to sleep. Then, Christ had it dawn on me! I had eaten BBQ ribs and BBQ beans, both tonight and the night before. It's all the sugar in both of those foods, that caused me to crave even more sugar. At that  point, I just needed to turn this craving over to Christ's very capable hands and let Him get me through the night instead of indulging in something sweet!

Because these posts are examples of how I've applied these Bible verses to my life, they don't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the Bible verse. Debbie

Links to Other Blogs I Felt Led to Create Below: