Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how the Lord God has positively influenced my overeating, this doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verse. Debbie

COE Support Note:

If you REALLY want to read how Christ helped me throughout this weight loss and even when I was tempted, you should read some of the 100's of previous posts on https://christianovereaterssupport.blogspot.com/

Awe, Just Eat a Little More?

Mark 14:38 Watch ye and pray, lest ye enter into temptation. The spirit truly is ready, but the flesh is weak. 

How many of us have had to live with the question, "Awe, can't you just eat a little more?" I think the people asking these questions get personal pleasure from the amount of the food we eat, as if to do so shows what a wonderful cook and host/ess they are.  Of course, we have to eat a little more, because we don't want to offend them, right??? When I eat more just to please the person who is encouraging me to eat it just causes me to have a bigger problem to deal with in the long run!

Plus eating to appease someone else's ego, will undoubtedly end up with me be frustrated.  It can work a couple of different ways for me. I eat it and end up resenting the person who encouraged me to eat. Of course, to do so, absolves me of having any responsibility in making the choice to eat the food. It's so much easier to blame it on the person who offered it than to take responsibility for it. 

The other way, I've regrettably handled it is to view the person offering the food as an tempter, like they are Satan himself, which isn't the case. Although I do feel Satan knows our weak points and can tempt us with food, but the person offering this food isn't Satan.  It is important to be prayerful about how to tactfully handle these offers to eat more, so we don't offend the feelings of the person offering the food. We have to pray for a willingness to withstand temptation without blaming others for it. Of course, it's easier said than done, but Jesus can do it for us, if we let Him!


Because these posts are examples of how I've applied these Bible verses to my life, they don't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the Bible verse. Debbie

Links to Other Blogs I Felt Led to Create Below: