Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how the Lord God has positively influenced my overeating, this doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verse. Debbie

COE Support Note:

If you REALLY want to read how Christ helped me throughout this weight loss and even when I was tempted, you should read some of the 100's of previous posts on https://christianovereaterssupport.blogspot.com/

A Chip on My Shoulders

Galatians 5: 26 Let us not be desirous of vain glory, provoking one another, envying one another.

I envied people for years who could eat, and eat, and eat and never seemed to gain a pound, but according to this, that's not what Christ wants. I have to be able to live in my own body and within my own physical limitations! Sure, I can eat like those people I envied, but it always seems to catch up with me when I do, but is it really worth it? 

I have choices in all of this. I can be resentful with the thin ones, because it doesn't seem fair that they should be able to eat everything and not gain weight. For years, I had a chip on my shoulder toward people who were thin!  The thing is, none of this does any good. Weight gain or loss is not an issue of fairness, it's just how our bodies personally respond to what we've eaten. 

It wasn't until I started turning my food, my body, my stress, and my eating over to Christ's very capable hands that made all the difference. He is the one who allowed me to loose over 80 pounds and to keep the vast majority of it off for over 30 years. The thing is, He showed me then and continues to show me now, when food and eating become too important to me. In those cases, food becomes a false god, where I am turning to it for comfort instead of to my Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. Consider putting your food, body, stress and eating into Christ's hands, because He can heal you provided you trust Him to and ask for a willingness to trust Him even when things get difficult.

Because these posts are examples of how I've applied these Bible verses to my life, they don't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the Bible verse. Debbie

Links to Other Blogs I Felt Led to Create Below: