Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how the Lord God has positively influenced my overeating, this doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verse. Debbie

COE Support Note:

If you REALLY want to read how Christ helped me throughout this weight loss and even when I was tempted, you should read some of the 100's of previous posts on https://christianovereaterssupport.blogspot.com/

Full of What?

Ephesians 3: 17 That Christ may dwell in your hearts by faith; that ye, being rooted and grounded in love, 18 May be able to comprehend with all saints what is the breadth, and length, and depth, and height; 19 And to know the love of Christ, which passeth knowledge, that ye might be filled with all the fullness of God.

I decided to use this Bible passage to talk about how my sleeves were too tight when I tried to put on a blouse yesterday. It was so obvious that I took it off and put on another one before I left the house. The point I was going to make was that my arms wouldn't be larger if I had stopped eating when I was full.

Then, a silly thought: I'm full of baloney popped into my mind. At first, I thought it was a fun tie-in to the word full that I had planned to use this post, but Christ had deeper plans than my initial ideas. When I read the Bible passage more thoroughly, I realize that I was missing the main point to write about.

When I am filled with the fullness of God and He is my daily focus instead of food, I'm not so tempted to fill those empty gaps with more food than I need. When I allow Him to fill my heart and soul, I don't crave the temporary numbness that food gives me from my worries. He shows me that I can lean on Him in times of trouble and joy and everything in between. My arms are bigger around, because I have not been focusing on having the quality relationship with Christ the way I should.

Because these posts are examples of how I've applied these Bible verses to my life, they don't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the Bible verse. Debbie

Links to Other Blogs I Felt Led to Create Below: