Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how the Lord God has positively influenced my overeating, this doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verse. Debbie

COE Support Note:

If you REALLY want to read how Christ helped me throughout this weight loss and even when I was tempted, you should read some of the 100's of previous posts on https://christianovereaterssupport.blogspot.com/

I Miss Stopping to See Dad

Romans 5: 1 Therefore being justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ: 2 By whom also we have access by faith into this grace wherein we stand, and rejoice in hope of the glory of God.

We were going out of town to see a relative. When we went out of town, we always would drive by to see Dad in the Veteran's Home on the way there and on the way home. Since Dad had passed about six months ago, this wasn't necessary, but I still had that yearning to stop. That yearning to go see his smile in his room, like going to the Veteran's Home would miraculously bring my dad back, but that's not the case.

I can eat over it, but that's counterproductive! It's important for me to remember that I will see Dad some day in heaven. It's not that I spend all my time pining away for my dad, because I know that God's timing is impeccable. It's just that at certain times, things remind me of how much I miss him.

It has helped for me to stop by the Veteran's Home, at times, to visit some of the Dad's hall neighbors. I have to make sure that I focus on the peace that Jesus Christ can give me through these times when I miss my dad so much!

Because these posts are examples of how I've applied these Bible verses to my life, they don't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the Bible verse. Debbie

Links to Other Blogs I Felt Led to Create Below: