Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how the Lord God has positively influenced my overeating, this doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verse. Debbie

COE Support Note:

If you REALLY want to read how Christ helped me throughout this weight loss and even when I was tempted, you should read some of the 100's of previous posts on https://christianovereaterssupport.blogspot.com/

If I Were to Truly Love the Way That Jesus Does, Would I Do These?

John 15:9 As the Father hath loved Me, so have I loved you: continue ye in My love.

I'm supposed to continue in Jesus' love, but if I were, would I do these? Would I harbor resentments to those who said rude and insensitive things about me and my weight. Sure, they are just words, but I have let them hurt my relationship with others or work a wedge in potential relationships for fear of disapproval.

Would I feel that I'm too busy to do some of the things that Christ has on my heart? Sure, I end up doing most of them, but it's not without a mental struggle, before I give in and do the thing needed. If I were loving like Jesus did, I would immediately and willingly do the things on my heart.

Would I let my mind wander in church rather than letting the message at hand touch my soul. When I'm thinking of other things, I never really know that I've gotten the message meant specifically for me. I need to be more intentional about listening with an open and prayerful heart. I need to be a better example of continuing in Jesus' love....Debbie

Because these posts are examples of how I've applied these Bible verses to my life, they don't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the Bible verse. Debbie

Links to Other Blogs I Felt Led to Create Below: