Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how the Lord God has positively influenced my overeating, this doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verse. Debbie

COE Support Note:

If you REALLY want to read how Christ helped me throughout this weight loss and even when I was tempted, you should read some of the 100's of previous posts on https://christianovereaterssupport.blogspot.com/

I Didn't Understand Why I Was Hungry

1 Peter 5:8 Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour: 

My husband and I went to the Veteran's Home where Dad used to live before he passed away. It was on a holiday and we brought treats for many of the workers who were so kind to my dad while he lived there. I really enjoyed my brief visit with the staff.

We picked up a friend and went to a Mexican restaurant for lunch. I ate about 2/3 of the bowl of tortilla chips and salsa, in addition to my hearty lunch. On the way home that day, I felt so hungry. I couldn't figure out why I was so hungry or why I ate that many chips, because I rarely eat them at restaurants. 

As I prayerfully contemplated this, Christ had on my heart that my going to the Veteran's Home brought back many memories about my dad, whom I miss dearly! I didn't realize that something that seemed so positive, could affect my wanting to eat and eat and eat. When I get feelings like this, it is often that Satan is tempting me to fall back into old patterns rather than turning my feelings over to Christ's very capable hands. Fortunately for me, Christ showed me this, so I could realize that I had feelings that I really needed to share with Him and to acknowledge how much I miss Dad!

Because these posts are examples of how I've applied these Bible verses to my life, they don't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the Bible verse. Debbie

Links to Other Blogs I Felt Led to Create Below: