Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how the Lord God has positively influenced my overeating, this doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verse. Debbie

COE Support Note:

If you REALLY want to read how Christ helped me throughout this weight loss and even when I was tempted, you should read some of the 100's of previous posts on https://christianovereaterssupport.blogspot.com/

I Got Reeled in Hook, Line, and Sinker!

James 2: 14 What doth it profit, my brethren, though a man say he hath faith, and have not works? Can faith save him? 15 If a brother or sister be naked, and destitute of daily food, 16 And one of you say unto them, Depart in peace, be ye warmed and filled; notwithstanding ye give them not those things which are needful to the body; what doth it profit? 17 Even so faith, if it hath not works, is dead, being alone.

I was eating what I thought was a healthy diet, but still wasn't losing the weight after my foot injury. I guess I lost some, but not to the point I had been prior to the injury. I was going through the motions of having an active relationship with Christ, but then He showed me, that's all it was. I was rambling through my prayers, I was trying to be in control with my food again, I was being impatient with family members. I just wasn't being mindful of my relationship with Christ and it showed!!!

I prayed and prayed for the Holy Spirit to enter my heart again and to renew my relationship with Christ, and He did. The thing is, it's a week later and I find myself trailing off in the midst of my prayers thinking of things of a more worldly nature, mostly TV shows and and the outcome of the next episode. How could I let worldly things like this interfere in my relationship with Christ?

The thing is, Satan knows what it takes to trip anyone. He dangles those temptations in front of us and when we get lax in our relationship with Christ like I did, we are able to be reeled in hook, line and sinker! It's not as easy this time, turning things around. Satan has had a toe-hole on me and doesn't want to let me go. That means I have to be ever more mindful during my prayers, turning my willingness for Christ to be in control of all aspects of my life and my relationship with Him. He is strong, where I am weak! I have to trust the all-powerful Lord to keep me focused even when I start to stray!

Because these posts are examples of how I've applied these Bible verses to my life, they don't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the Bible verse. Debbie

Links to Other Blogs I Felt Led to Create Below: