Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how the Lord God has positively influenced my overeating, this doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verse. Debbie

COE Support Note:

If you REALLY want to read how Christ helped me throughout this weight loss and even when I was tempted, you should read some of the 100's of previous posts on https://christianovereaterssupport.blogspot.com/

What Does Round Robin Reading Have to Do With Being Overweight?

1 Corinthians 1: 25 Because the foolishness of God is wiser than men; and the weakness of God is stronger than men. 26 For ye see your calling, brethren, how that not many wise men after the flesh, not many mighty, not many noble, are called: 27 But God hath chosen the foolish things of the world to confound the wise; and God hath chosen the weak things of the world to confound the things which are mighty.

What Does Round Robin Reading Have to Do With Being Overweight? That's a good question! I used to hate it when I was in elementary school and the teacher would go up and down the rows and call on each and every student to read, one after another. 

Although I didn't know it at the time, I was a decent reader, but when my turn would come to read, I was get so nervous that I quite often made foolish mistakes. I lost my confidence in my reading and thought I was a terrible reader, but I really wasn't. I would end up overeating out of humiliation for looking foolish and anger for the teacher putting me on the spot that way. I didn't realize, at the time, that I was turning to food as a false god to calm me in times of stress, anger, etc. instead of turning these feelings over to Christ's very capable hands.

Similarly, it's sometimes difficult to defend our faith when there are people trying to put us on the spot, trying to make us look foolish. Even if we look foolish in explaining our faith, that doesn't make our belief in Christ is foolishBut God hath chosen the foolish things of the world to confound the wise; and God hath chosen the weak things of the world to confound the things which are mighty.

Since I am applying these Bible Verses to my life, it may not convey the whole meaning of the verses. Debbie

Links to Other Blogs I Felt Led to Create Below: