Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how the Lord God has positively influenced my overeating, this doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verse. Debbie

COE Support Note:

If you REALLY want to read how Christ helped me throughout this weight loss and even when I was tempted, you should read some of the 100's of previous posts on https://christianovereaterssupport.blogspot.com/

Continuing to Process These Feelings

1 John 5: 4 for whatsoever is born of God overcometh the world: and this is the victory that overcometh the world, even our faith. 5 Who is he that overcometh the world, but he that believeth that Jesus is the Son of God?

This is related to the Dec 19 and 21 posts on this blog where I continue to prayerful contemplate this topic. This is the last paragraph of the previous post:

God made the chubby girl I used to be and He made me Children of God and we are lovable and need to know that! He was there for me when I was the chubby girl, but I wouldn't listen, because I felt so terrible about myself I couldn't hear. He shows me now, that He's here for me as I heal from this. He wants me to know that I'm not abandoning the chubby girl that I used to be, but I'm trying to help her to know that ye may know that ye have eternal life, and that ye may believe on the name of the Son of Godbecause God loves us just the way we are regardless of our weight, ethnicity, sexual preferences, financial status, or possessions we own. He loves us whether we are in a socially acceptable body or whether we still having lingering feelings of being the chubby kid that others took advantage of. Christ has a heart big enough for all our pain, past or present, and sees who we truly are inside-Children of God!!! I realize that it's important that I thank God for loving me even when I can't love myself.

I think that although I feel protective of that chubby girl I used to be, I didn't realize that I'm also angry with that chubby girl I used to be, like it's all her fault for the negative things that happened in my life, but it isn't. She-I was naive and vulnerable to what I thought others wanted of me. I didn't listen to the instincts that Christ gave me and didn't draw healthy limits to what I was willing to tolerate, for fear others would disapprove of me or pull their affection away. I can no longer blame that chubby girl inside me, because we are one in the same. God overcometh the world: and this is the victory and He can overcome the pain in the past and the present, if we let Him...and it's time I did!

Since I am applying these Bible Verses to my life, it may not convey the whole meaning of the verses. Debbie

Links to Other Blogs I Felt Led to Create Below: