Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how the Lord God has positively influenced my overeating, this doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verse. Debbie

COE Support Note:

If you REALLY want to read how Christ helped me throughout this weight loss and even when I was tempted, you should read some of the 100's of previous posts on https://christianovereaterssupport.blogspot.com/

What Does Santa Have to Do With a Post About Christ?

John 14: 6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by Me. 7 If ye had known Me, ye should have known My Father also: and from henceforth ye shall know Him, and have seen Him.

What Does Santa Have to Do With a Post About Christ? Well it has to do with truth. When I was in second grade, my teacher told me the truth about Santa. I went home in despair and cried and cried and cried! My mother tried to console me and tried to help me make some sense of this, but I was angry with my teacher for telling me this. I didn't think it was her place to tell me the truth. As a child with the starts of compulsive overeating tendencies, I probably ate, because that's how I dealt with my anger rather than turning it over to Christ's capable hands, like I try to do now.

The thing is, I now value truth, because that's how I have a firm faith in Christ. Our Christian faith is built on truth, shared by people who predicted Christ's birth 100's of years before he was born. Thousands of people of all walks of life witnessed the many, many miracles that Jesus did, so people would know and believe the truth that He Is the Son of God. Jesus even predicted His betrayal, Crucifixion, death, and resurrection long before it happened, so people would know our faith is based on truth. Over 500 people saw Christ after He arose from the grave, so people would know our faith is based on truth

I get concerned that there are some, children, youth, and adults who possible get confused about the tale of Santa and think that their faith in Jesus is a tale, as well. They need to know that there is lots of evidence about Jesus being the Son of God. Just read the blog: How to Know Jesus Is God's Son which has lots of Biblical evidence from eye witnesses.  Just read books by J. Warner Wallace: Cold-Case Christianity for Kids or Cold-Case Christianity (for Teens and Adults) which has even more proof by witnesses, not just Christians. Also, view the movie by Lee Strobel: The Case for Christ and his books for adults and for kids.

Be prayerful if telling your children about Santa is setting them up to some day be uncertain about the truth of Christ being our Savior. If you choose to tell them about Santa, make sure you're prayerful about how you share it. You don't want them some day doubting the real truth about their Savior, Jesus Christ, the true reason we have Christmas!

Since I am applying these Bible Verses to my life, it may not convey the whole meaning of the verses. Debbie

Links to Other Blogs I Felt Led to Create Below: