Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how the Lord God has positively influenced my overeating, this doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verse. Debbie

COE Support Note:

If you REALLY want to read how Christ helped me throughout this weight loss and even when I was tempted, you should read some of the 100's of previous posts on https://christianovereaterssupport.blogspot.com/

Embarrassed About the Way I Looked, but Not the Way You'd Think

Titus 2:11 For the grace of God that bringeth salvation hath appeared to all men, 12 Teaching us that, denying ungodliness and worldly lusts, we should live soberly, righteously, and godly, in this present world 13 Looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ; 14 Who gave Himself for us, that He might redeem us from all iniquity, and purify unto Himself a peculiar people, zealous of good works.

God allowed me to lose 80 pounds of weight that I had carried around for years. I tried many diets, but only lost weight for a little while and then gained it all back, plus some! It wasn't until one day when I gave up on the diets and told God that I couldn't do it anymore and that if He wanted me to be thin, He'd have to do it, because I couldn't, that's when my life changed.

I wasn't expecting this change and was surprised when it happened. Christ took away my desire for large amounts of food, sugary and high carb foods. I didn't do it, nor did I expect this to happen. I've prayerfully wondered why it happened when I was really giving up. Then, the feeling I got was that when I gave up controlling food and things in my life, I was then able to give control over to Christ.

When I lost the weight, I was embarrassed about being thinner. It may seem strange in that, I had prayed for years for God to help Me loose the weight, help Me be thinner, help Me...but that was in my control mode. I wasn't asking God to take care of these things, I wanted Him to help Me do them! Anyway, I found that I felt uncomfortable with the attention I got with being thinner and chose to wear my baggy clothes instead of ones that would show the weight loss. I can't explain it all, but I've had to turn this over to Christ's very capable hands, because I don't truly understand all of it, but He does! He calms those fears and insecurities and allows me to feel O.K. and not guilty in my thinner body. I can't say for sure, but it's like I may feel I've abandoned the chubby girl I used to be and have left her all alone. 

Since I am applying these Bible Verses to my life, it may not convey the whole meaning of the verses. Debbie

Links to Other Blogs I Felt Led to Create Below: