Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how the Lord God has positively influenced my overeating, this doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verse. Debbie

COE Support Note:

If you REALLY want to read how Christ helped me throughout this weight loss and even when I was tempted, you should read some of the 100's of previous posts on https://christianovereaterssupport.blogspot.com/

I Felt Deserving of Their Anger

Ephesians 4: 26 Be ye angry, and sin not: let not the sun go down upon your wrath: 27 Neither give place to the devil. 

When I was overweight, I used to take it very personally if someone were angry with me. I immediately figured that their actions were justified and that I was deserving of their anger. I would go around apologizing for everything, whether I had anything to do with it or not. In looking back at this after Christ's allowing the vast majority of the 80 pounds to stay off for over 30 years, I'm saddened by my former reactions.

I feel sad for the chubby girl inside of me, who then felt ugly and guilty for the excess weight. I almost had an invisible sign on me that said, "Take advantage of me, I'm worthless, because I'm fat and it's all my fault. I will be a friend no matter how badly you treat me, because I don't deserve more!" 

As I type this, it makes me want to cry. I wish I could comfort that chubby girl and share the insights that Christ has allowed in my life since then. I want to tell that chubby girl that she is worthwhile and a precious child of God. I would tell her she is worthwhile and doesn't deserve to bear the brunt of other people's bad temper or moods and doesn't have to put up with rude and inappropriate behavior! I would want her to know that just because other people are angry with her, that doesn't mean that she's deserving of that anger. Sometimes, they just want someone to blame someone when things don't go the way they want. 

I would tell her, that if she turns these situations over to Christ's very capable hands, He will show her when she's done something which requires an apology and when it doesn't. He will calm her fears and feelings of inadequacy. I would also tell her that one day, He will let her share the pain she felt with others, so they can feel the peace which only Christ can give in their lives, as well.

Since I am applying these Bible Verses to my life, it may not convey the whole meaning of the verses. Debbie

Links to Other Blogs I Felt Led to Create Below: