Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how the Lord God has positively influenced my overeating, this doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verse. Debbie

COE Support Note:

If you REALLY want to read how Christ helped me throughout this weight loss and even when I was tempted, you should read some of the 100's of previous posts on https://christianovereaterssupport.blogspot.com/

The Splurges!

John 13: 34 A new commandment I give unto you, That ye love one another; as I have loved you, that ye also love one another. 35 By this shall all men know that ye are my disciples, if ye have love to one another.

Well, this says to love one another, but I applied it through my taking pride in myself when I used to lose some weight. I would be so proud for the weight loss, I figured I would treat myself to some special splurge and it was always for some type of food, not clothes, not things, but food. This is part of the evidence that food had become a false god in my life, because I had turned to it for comfort in times of stress, joy, and fear instead of turning to my Lord and Savior.

Of course, after these splurges, I used to go right back into my old eating patterns and eventually gained the weight back, plus more than what I started with. It wasn't until Christ allowed me to see the importance food had in my life, that I was willing to put my food, body and eating into His capable hands. It took me months of these personal insights that Christ would allow me and I finally gave up!

I told Christ that I was giving up and that if He ever wanted me to be thin, He'd have to take care of it...and you know what? He did! It was that very same day that He took the urge to eat large quantities of food, sweet foods, and high carb foods away from me. They no longer were important to me and no longer called my name. Actually, I didn't do anything in and of myself, I just gave up trying to be in control and turned that control over to Christ and that's when it happened. If it can happen to me, it can happen to you. No diet pills, exercise (although it's good for you), no special diets, but Christ showed me amounts of food that were healthy for me. 

I've gotten sloppy with my food program and my relationship with Christ, at times, but once I put the focus back on my relationship with Christ, the sloppy eating seemed to disappear. As long as I was honest with myself and my Lord, He's kept off the vast majority of the original 80 pounds for over 30 years! He can do this for you, as well!!!

Since I am applying these Bible Verses to my life, it may not convey the whole meaning of the verses. Debbie

Links to Other Blogs I Felt Led to Create Below: