Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how the Lord God has positively influenced my overeating, this doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verse. Debbie

COE Support Note:

If you REALLY want to read how Christ helped me throughout this weight loss and even when I was tempted, you should read some of the 100's of previous posts on https://christianovereaterssupport.blogspot.com/

God Knows the Big Picture

A man's heart deviseth his way: but the LORD directeth his steps. Proverbs 16:9

I am so thankful for God's personal reminder to me through this Bible verse. He reminds me that I plot things out, figuring step-by-step what I should do or say in a particular situation, but God knows the Big Picture. He knows exactly what I should do, not what I planned to do. God knows the hearts of the people I am dealing with and exactly what the people need to hear, not what I planned to say.

I need to be more mindful of turning my words (things I say) and my actions (things I do) over into God's very capable hands. You would not imagine how many times I've fretted over a future situations eating to console the knotted feeling in my stomach. That feeling is a physical indicator that I need to turn those situations and worries over into God's very capable hands.

When I do, things fall into place. The things that I do, when I'm open to being led, are just what they needed to be. The things I say, when I'm letting God guide my words, are so perfect that I will later be amazed at how well they flowed together and set a positive tone to the conversation. I need to be a Big Picture Christian, turning everything over to Christ who always sees the Big Picture! A man's heart deviseth his way: but the LORD directeth his steps. Proverbs 16:9



Links to Other Blogs I Felt Led to Create Below: